Saturday 16 June 2018

C4C439 Sketch, a Pop-Up Birthday Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge on the Crazy4Challenges Blog.  Frances Byrne is our hostess for June, and our Guest Designer is Karen Nofziger of Craftily Yours.

France's challenge this week is a sketch challenge, and I changed things up by adding the sketch to the inside of my card instead of the outside.  Below is the front of my card, using a fun mix of patterned papers punched out with a Stampin' Up punch.


Here is the sketch:


Here is the inside of my card that follows the sketch:


I used the same punch inside the card, and the Slide Technique with the new Upsy Daisy Pop-Up. The butterflies are  from the new Circle Charm Pop-Up and I adore the shape of these, and that their body is a separate die. For the bold Happy Birthday, I cut it three times from black card stock and adhered the layers together for sturdiness. It almost floats in the centre of the card - love it!


The banners on the patterned paper work as the top stripe from the sketch. The patterned paper has shiny embossed bits in it, and I cut the Celebrate from a scrap and lightly curved it along the banner edge. I added a strip of patterned paper and more punched labels for the bottom stripe, then added an off-white for us to sign our name.


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C439.

Supplies:
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - DCWV
Cream and black card stocks
Large butterfly - Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!