Friday 8 June 2018

'Seas the Day' Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

The front of my card share today is fairly simple starting with a panel of this pretty water coloured patterned paper.


I layered one of the new Crosshatch Circles with a white circle that was sitting on my stamping table. The Hello is from Karen Burniston's new Word Set 6 Summer, cut once from black and once from white then the white one was water coloured with markers and a water brush. The two were adhered to the circle with the black one offset then I added an adorable stamped seahorse with foam tape.


I am very proud of this card - it was so much fun to make and I love showing you different ways to use your dies. The Pop-Up is the new Upsy Daisy, but instead of stringing a third scalloped square in the centre, I created a 'porthole window' and strung that instead.


Cutting the centre frame from the Circle Charm Pop-Up twice, then offsetting the tabs gave me the 4 'corners' needed to attach the bakers twine to. I adhered a piece of transparency to the back, then used double layers of foam tape to adhere the octopus behind the window. That gives the window lots of depth but it should still mail for a single stamp as there isn't a lot of bulk on the remainder of the card. The sea life stamps are from Pink and Main and is one of the sets I picked up at the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show in March.


The small banner is from the Upsy Daisy Pop-Up. I cut it from white and again from dark blue then snipped the blue one in half. When I adhered it behind the white one, I made sure that the dark blue showed on either side. This is a fun way to elongate the banner! The bubbles and words were in the same Pink and Main stamp set, which is just SO cute!


I used the nesting Crosshatch Rectangles as a place to sign our names.


Finally, here is a side view so you can see all the dimension that you get from the Upsy Daisy Pop-Up.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - Reminisce
Blue, white and black card stocks
Sakura white gel Pen
Transparency Scrap
Mini Hole Punch
Bakers Twine
Lyra Aquacolor Crayons
Water Brush
Sea life stamps - Pink and Main
Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. I love this too, Karen. Thanks for showing another way to use this die. Just received the die and will get to using it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you used the circle from the Circle Charm Pop-up on this card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!