Sunday 30 July 2017

You're Awesome Twist Circle Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

If you follow my blog, you know that our young Granddaughter Olivia suffers from Pulmonary Hypertension. This is a rare, degenerative disease with no cure. There is a lot of care required, and many visits to the Children's Hospital both here in Calgary and in Edmonton. So I like to send my daughter Love Notes every ones in awhile. This card was made for her.



I used Karen Burniston's Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up - that die is so much fun. People who receive one of these cards open and close it several times to watch the centre circle twist and pop-up as the card is opened.  For this one I used some new patterned paper and an older stamp set from my collection.


Yesterday's card was also made with the Snowman Twist Circle but it looks completely different. These Pop-Up dies can be used for so many different occasions, and when you get to choose the card size, that even adds to the versatility.



The printed piece below was also in the paper stack, I simply fussy cut it and adhere it to the left side of the card. I liked that saying with the cactus, and that it is pearl embossed as well.


On a side note, I have been puttering away in my Craft Room doing some re-organizing. My room is much smaller than the one in our old house, so I had to store some of my supplies (stamps!) out in the garage where I could get to them. Olivia's diagnosis came on our moving day so as you can imagine we were not thinking very clearly while directing the movers.

I now have a chair lift so I can get to the basement and while poking around down there earlier this month I came across a whole shelf of my stamps! I didn't know I had stamps stored down there so I was pretty excited. Included were all of my South West themed stamps and my ground/grass images. Woot! I have now peeled all the SW ones off of their wood mounts (sniff), adhered them to clear DVD cases AND indexed them all. I just worked a little at a time and got it done. They are now stored right in my craft room and I'm excited to get reacquainted with them. Next up will be to do the ground/grass ones.

Supplies:
1012 - Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - DCWV
Green card stocks
Distress Oxide inks - Tim Holtz/Ranger
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Just for you and inside words - Stampin' Up
Wink of Stella
Teepee etc - Avery Elle
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Card size - 5 x 5-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. fabulous card, could have done with seeing that sentiment yesterday haha when I was creating a cacti card

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new card ist fabulous!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!