Saturday 15 July 2017

C4C394 Sketch Accordion

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and we have a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog. Maryann Einam will be our hostess this month with Kristine Reynolds joining us as our Guest Designer. You can see Kristine's blog HERE.

Maryann has a sketch for us this week, which you can see below.

One morning I found myself close to a scrapbook store I hadn't been to in a year or so. I popped in and found some fun goodies - mostly patterned papers but at the cash register there were these little shaker bottles. I picked one up to look at and the shop owner was telling me what they were. I said I had never tried them before and put back the shaker bottle. "Well," she said, "Come have a play". Haha - she knew exactly what she was doing, because as soon as I tried these Magical Shakers by Lindy's Stamp Gang I was in AWE!!! Back up to the cash register to purchase not one, but one in every colour. What can I say - I'm an easy sell.

But I have always loved the water colour look and it is SO trendy right now. The thought that I could do it myself had me completely overjoyed. This product is a water colour pigment powder - very similar to Color Bursts by Ken Oliver. Color Bursts have been on the market for several years, and I have pretty much ignored them. But now ... well lets just say I have added some of those to my collection of shakers and I'm having an absolute ball with them. The Magical Shakers have a bit of a satin sheen to them when dry, where the Color Bursts do not. 

For my challenge sketch card today, I used Karen Burniston Riley LLC's new Charm Accordion die set and those adorable Woodland Animals. Also one of my water coloured backgrounds.




Just look at those yummy colours - this piece just makes me happy! I decided to keep the animals lightly coloured so used white Soft Finish card stock for their bodies. The colour was lightly added with dye inks and a sponge which shows up nicely on the textured card stock. They are attached to the card with mini Action Wobbles so they have some 'spring' to them!





Finally, here is a view of the Charm Accordion from the top ...



... and back.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C394.

Supplies
1007 Charm Accordion - Karen Burniston
100# white card stock
Color Burst - Ken Oliver
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Black, silver pearl and white soft finish card stocks
Xyron
1001 Woodland Animals - Karen Burniston
Mini Action Wobbles
Hugs die - Lawn Fawn
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (Oval) - Karen Burniston
Stitched Fishtail Banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. this crd is wonderful!
    Hello from Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so clever how you made this work for this week's sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Outstanding background!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!