Tuesday 18 July 2017

Ice Cream Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

When my Mom was growing up, every mid-July there was a parade in their town and afterwards her Dad would take her for ice cream. She made sure that she took my brother and I for ice cream in July and I did it for my kids too. Now I make her an ice cream themed card every July and we either go out for ice cream or bring some to her.

This is the front of my ice cream card this year:


I used Karen Burniston's new Cupcake Pop-Up die set for the inside, and decided to turn the cupcake icing into my ice cream. The Cup from the Cup Pop Stand (an older licensed KB die set) fit perfectly so I trimmed off the cup handle to make it into a bowl. The spoon (LOVE that spoon) comes with the Cup Pop Stand and it was the perfect addition.


Not only do all the new Karen Burniston in Cahoots with Riley LLC dies work seamlessly together, you can see how well they work with others in your collection too!


I used labels from the new Katherine Label Pop-Up with a punched banner on either side. A stamped Happy and hand lettered 'July' and the card was finished.



Supplies
Joset's teacup - Elizabeth Craft Designs
1008 Cupcake pop-Up (Icing and cherry) - Karen Burniston
Soft finish card stock, 100# - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - K & Company
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (labels) - Karen Burniston
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
Pink, white, green card stocks
Cup Pop-Stand (spoon), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Sweet die - Suzanne Cannon, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Seam binding
Stitched fishtail banners - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Happy stamp - Lawn Fawn
Staedtler fine point markers
Fun Foam
Wink of Stella

Card size - 5 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Karen!
    elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, indeed! Love the cupcake, turned ice cream! Beautiful card, lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!