Monday 17 July 2017

Let's Eat Journal

Good morning friends

I'm back with another journal made with Eileen Hull's Journal die. Honestly, I am having so much fun with this die! It is part of Eileen's new Heartfelt Collection, and has been so popular Sizzix is having to play catch-up with their stock. If you are trying to get your hands on one they will be available again sometime next month.


Here is a photo of the journal opened out. I love these fun, happy colours. Since it is going to be used (by me!) multiple times a day I have kept the embellishments to a minimum so nothing catches or wears out. Once I had adhered the stamped journal card & banner, die cut spoon and row of houses - I gave the covers three coats of Mod Podge. I expect using it around food there is a chance of splatters and finger prints. The Mod Podge should help with that.


I made 3 inserts for the inside, utilizing some of the journal cards in the paper stack as labels. The first insert is going to be used to plan my meals & snacks for each day.



I made a pocket folder out of more coordinating paper in the stack ...



... and the second insert is for our weekly dinners.


Finally, the third insert is for things like Pressure Cooker successes. I love that appliance, and that I can cook 3 frozen chicken breasts in 15 minutes. But I don't always remember how long it takes and usually have to look up how long to cook Basmati Brown Rice (15 minutes with a natural release) and how much water to add. All of those things and anything new I try will go in here.


The dot grid pages were printed from HERE. Thank you to Ray Blake for making this file and others available for printing.


I am enjoying using this journal, and it will help me be more organized in the kitchen. I should be able to keep track of leftovers, and what's in our deep freeze as well as helping me plan to eat healthier.

As I've said with my other journals, these are completely customizable and you can use them however you want. They stand really well on my kitchen desk area where I can easily grab them. It's no wonder Eileen Hull's Journal Die is so very popular!

Thanks for stopping by today.




2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!