Wednesday 12 July 2017

Cupcake Charm Accordion Birthday Card

Good morning friends

I was just playing around and wanted to make a birthday card with Karen Burniston's Charm Accordion. This is what I came up with:



Instead of using the included Charm Frame, I cut the smallest fancy Katherine Label out of yellow card stock and used that to join the two pivoting frames. It's a cool look - and you could do lots of variations on this using other shapes as well. Initially I didn't plan on using a hanging charm at all, but in the end I added a small cupcake charm to the bottom of the yellow label.


I also added the heart pop-up die from the Twist Panel Pop-Up for dimension & an added pop of colour. Initially I had it done in solid red but something about the finished card wasn't sitting right with me. My friend 'D' suggested I add a patterned heart instead of a solid one and I like it better.


I used glossy accents on the cherries, bows and hearts, and Nuvo Crystal Drops on each cupcake. The icing portion of the cupcake was cut from a scrap of water coloured paper that I had done with my Magical Shakers & Color Bursts. I save all but the smallest scraps as they are perfect for small things like this.


I was tickled to see I had stamps that worked perfectly with the cupcakes!

Supplies:
1007 Charm Accordion - Karen Burniston
Striped patterned paper - Echo Park
Polka dot patterned paper - Taylored Expressions
WWhite, yellow, red and blue card stocks
1004 Birthday Charms - Karen Burniston
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up (heart) - Karen Burniston
1008 Cupcake Pop-Up (cupcake) - Karen Burniston
Sharpie markers
Copic markers
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Glossy Accents
White paint pen
Stickles
Stitched Fishtail banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamps - MFT Stamps
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Colorburst - Ken Oliver

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Delightful, cupcake, charm accordion card! The water colored paper is yummy and the sentiments, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty cupcake and cool idea to swap out the charm frame to connect the square panels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!