Monday 1 April 2024

Hello Friend Flip Card


Happy April, friends!  Today I'm sharing a flip style card using older papers & ephemera and a die set by Sam Calcott (Mixed Up Crafts). The die set actually cuts two flip frames and fits perfectly on a 7 x 5" card, but this one is an A2 sized card and a single one works great on this size of card.



I likely wouldn't have thought to alter the die cut frame to be a single, but in Sam's assembly video (linked below) she shared that it would work and I have done it a couple of times now. I love that it makes this die set more versatile.

The chipboard elements are ones I have had for several years, having ordered them by mistake. Well I ordered them by choice but didn't read the description carefully enough - I don't find that chipboard elements make a card very mailable so I tend not to use them. For these ones, I peeled off several layers from the back and that made them much flatter - thus mailable. This card will mail for a single stamp!


You can have the frame pull to the left or to the right, for this card I have it pulling to the right. I added the PULL on a scalloped circle die and below is what you see when you pull that frame.


Here is a peek at the inside where there is lots of room to write a personal message.


 If you would like to see Sam's assembly video, click HERE.


Supplies used:
5x7" Flip Mechanism, Made to Surprise (Sam Calcott)
Patterned paper - Stamperia
Dots & Scallops dies - Catherine Pooler
Chipboard elements - Stamperia
Lacy Ovals - Waffle Flower
Words - Quilted Birds, Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Stitched ovals - MFT Stamps
Dot Stamp - Stamps by Judith
Pops of Color, Snowflake - Scrapbook .com

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!