Tuesday 2 April 2024

Four Lattice Birthday Cards


These cards started with the lattice cutaway card bases from May 2016 Many Manly Occasions Paper Pumpkin kit. A few years ago I had found an 'unused' kit online for sale but then when it came, some of the card bases were missing and the person had just tossed everything into a bubble envelope so there was also some damage. I complained (which I hate to do) and they refunded my money, but then I was so disappointed that I put the kit away and hadn't made up any of the cards.

I pulled it out and had a look through the kit and made up these four cards. I decided to put aside the orange corrugated panel that is supposed to go behind the lattice and instead used some patterned paper which I liked better.


Then I went through my embellishment binder and pulled out some stickers and die cut washi tape that I thought matched the patterned paper. There is also a stamped/coloured/fussy cut dog with balloons on one of the cards. I chose whichever Happy Birthday seemed to fit in the area and added those to the front as well. Oh, and I added coordinating flat sparkly stickers to the card fronts for some birthday shine.

Inside are two stitched rectangles. One on the left to hide the back of the patterned paper and one to stamp the sentiment on. Since these cards are going to be donated to my Mom's old nursing home, I don't need to worry about the cards being too heavy to mail. I stamped the same sentiment inside all the cards. 


Supplies used:
Paper Pumpkin, Many Manly Occasions - May 2016 (Stampin' Up) retired
Patterned paper - Guilded Ink - Recollections
Stitched Rectangles Set 2 - Pink & Main
Washi tape florals - Pinkfresh Studios
Cloud punch - Stampin' Up
Stickers - old, from my stash
Dog with balloons - unknown, coloured etc many years ago.
Happy Birthday Many Ways - Catherine Pooler
Small Happy Birthday - LJD Birthday Greetings, MFT Stamps
Catherine Pooler coloured inks


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!