Thursday 18 April 2024

Woodland Birthday Card


I love the Crafters Companion embossing folders that have coordinating dies. Such a clever idea! For this one I die cut the mushrooms/leaves - they cut as a single piece - then placed them in the embossing folder and ran that through to get the details. The colour was added with blending brushes and dye inks (Catherine Pooler) which was fairly quick to do.

Cutting a 4 x 6" white card stock panel, I embossed that with the same folder, then adhered the coloured piece over the white one. You still see some of the embossed leaves etc on the background. Then I just added some patterned paper and a 2nd white matt to the card base before adhering the embossed piece with thin foam tape.  The Happy Birthday was leftover from a card kit, and I added it with foam tape.


Inside, I added washi tape borders and a stamped sentiment. This card was sent to a friend who celebrates an April birthday.


Supplies used:
Embossing Folder & Die - Woodland Foliage, Crafters Companion
Blending Brushes
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Patterned paper - Stamperia
Happy Birthday - Bee Happy, Paper Rose
Washi tape - Amazon
Inside Out Birthday stamps - Catherine Pooler
Pops of Color, Snowflake - Scrapbook .com
5x7" card base and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!