Wednesday 17 April 2024

Butterfly Sympathy Card Duo


I love these patterned papers from Divinity Designs, so decided to use two of the prints to make a pair of 5x7" sympathy cards for my stash. 


I stamped the sentiment onto die cut labels then used a different die in the label set to cut gold vellum for the mat. It's subtle but so pretty in real life.  Since I like butterflies on a sympathy card, I die cut the butterfly trio (also Divinity Designs) from gold card stock and added the full butterfly to one card front. The pair of 'sideways' butterflies were added to the other and I used thin foam tape for all. 


The insides were done the same, using another label die from the set (Stampin' Up) and stamped flowers. The words/florals are from a very old stamp set which I believe is by Hero Arts.


I also added some Glitter Dot stickers for a little shine without making the card too sparkly. 



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Beautiful Blooms Slimline Sized (6 x 9") - Divinity Designs
Butterfly Trio - Divinity Designs
Gold foil cardstock 
Glitter Dots
Gold Shimmer Vellum - Stampin' Up
Tasteful Label Dies - Stampin' Up
Sympathy Stamps - Hero Arts (old)
5 x 7" card and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!