Friday 5 April 2024

Party Dog Pop Up Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!

I made this card for a dog-loving friend and I think she is going to get a kick out of it. I used one of the rainbow dog note cards that I have been having fun with - (I have a YouTube video sharing about those note cards HERE.)  For this card, the note card front was matted onto black card stock and I added a plaid washi tape strip down the left side. First the washi tape was applied to a strip of white card stock the length I wanted it and the ends tucked under. That way they don't peel or lift from the card base.



Just for some sparkle and fun, I also added a party hat and cupcake to the dog then the word celebrate (all dies by Karen Burniston) using both the same plaid washi tape and rainbow holographic card stock. 


Inside I used the Raising Platform along with the Happy Birthday (and Happy Birthday Shadow) & balloons from the Big Birthday Charms. In my head I wanted to do something with strips of acetate on the arms, but it didn't work out when I was making the card so I will have to think on that some more. But I am happy with how the card turned out - it's so happy & cheerful!


Lots of dimension with this Raising Platform Pop Up die set 🥰.


The sentiment was stamped onto layered Crosshatch Circles - I was careful to check for catch points before I adhered everything down. The dots are from my all time favourite stamp - a peg stamp by Stamps by Judith.




Supplies used:
Raising Platform Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday Shadow - both, Karen Burniston
Birthday Charms - Karen Burniston
Word Set 2 Birthday - Karen Burniston
Crosshatch Circles - Karen Burniston
Big Birthday Charms - Karen Burniston
Rainbow Dog note card - Amazon .com
Plaid washi tape - Doodlebug Designs
Patterned Paper - Love Notes Tiny Prints, Doodlebug Designs
Rainbow Holographic Cardstock - Recollections
Stickles glitter glue
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
White pearl cardstock
Patterned paper - JJ's Rainbows, Waffle Flower
Pawfect Sentiments - Waffle Flower
Posca Paint Pen
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith
Peeking Pets - Catherine Pooler
5 x 7" card base and envelope

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!