Tuesday 9 April 2024

Rainbow Card for Happy Mail


Today I'm sharing another rainbow card to send out for Happy Mail.  As usual, my card started with the patterned paper which was in a 12x12" package. Going through the remaining sheets, I saw one with a large rainbow across the bottom half. It was too big to use on an A2 card, or a Slimline but I thought it might work on a 5x7" card. I cut the rainbow panel down to 6.75" keeping just the rainbow. So now my sheet was 12 x 6.75" and had a large rainbow across the centre.

I cut that sheet in half at 6", giving me two pieces with a half rainbow on each ... and I trimmed the outside down so each panel measured 4.75 x 6.75. Since there was a second sheet of this large rainbow print in the package I repeated the cutting above and had four half-rainbow panels ready to add to card fronts! In the photo below you can see how they would have fit together if I hadn't cut the sheet in half. (I will be sharing those cards another day),


There are a sheets of cut-aparts in the paper pad, so I trimmed out this one to add to the front. I also added a punched cloud and some super cute bee themed enamel dots.


Here is a peek at the inside ...


Such a true sentiment - and why I bought the stamp set last year!



Supplies used:
Patterned paper & Cut-aparts - One the Rainbow, Recollections
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Cloud punch - Stampin' UP
Shape Sprinkles- Honey Bees, Doodlebug Designs
Sentiment - Good Feelings, Stampin' Up
5 x 7" card blank and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!