Friday 26 April 2024

'Celebration Mouse' Pop-Up Birthday Card

 
Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!

I know I haven't posted much this week - it's been so busy and honestly, I'm only willing to spend so much time on the computer and then I'm done. So my blog posts had to be put on the wayside for a couple of days. I also haven't been in my craft room and unable to make anything new. 😩  Doesn't look like I'll get in there this weekend either, as we will be busy with family both Saturday and Sunday. 


Today's card is one I had envisioned when I bought the Mouse Edger die. I can't remember if it was just last year or if it was the year before - R&R Scrapbooking had a great sale on Crafters Companion dies and I picked up a number of these cute edgers. It's perfect for birthday cards and I figured I'd be able to use it for some nursing home donations cards as well. The mouse was cut from a 4.5 x 6" piece of Rainbow Holographic card stock and I wrapped narrow gold foil tape around the left edge before adhering it to a 4.75 x 5.75" sheet of patterned paper. NOTE:  I outlined the right side of the die cut with a grey alcohol marker for some definition, and lightly ink blended some orange ink around the mouse to give it more contrast from the patterned paper. The dye ink just wiped away from the holographic card stock so this was easy to do.

The Happy Birthday was cut from a different paper pad, matted with white card stock and added with thin foam tape.


Once again, inside I used Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up - I just love how versatile this pop-up is! This time I added a gold foil scalloped circle along with a white circle and the Birthday Wishes sentiment. Cutting two 4" square sof the orange marbled paper then cutting them on the diagonal gave me some colour inside the card and I stamped a sentiment on the right side. Some gold glitter dot stickers for additional sparkle and I was finished the card.


Here is a closer look at the pop-up ...


Supplies used:
Party Mouse Edges - Creative Expressions
Twist Flower Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Rainbow Holographic card stock - Recollections
Gold foil card stock - Recollections
Patterned paper - Gilded Ink, Recollections
Gold glitter dots
Grey alcohol marker
Nuvo Drops - Tonic Studios
Double Stitched circles - Divinity Designs
Scallop Circles - Divinity Designs
Birthday Wishes - Simon Says Stamp
Inside Birthday Wishes - Honey Bee
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Washi Tape - Doodlebug
Happy Birthday - Dancing Daisy's, Paper Boutique
Wink of Stella
5 x 7" card base & envelope

2 comments:

  1. I love this card! Thank you for posting it. Your choice of papers and the simplicity make it a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!