Monday 15 April 2024

Mini Slimline Butterfly Pop Up Card


I have a fairly new 8x8" paper pad that includes a sheet with panels & tags to fussy cut. Since the panels fit perfectly on a Mini Slimline card, that is what I used for the front of this card. I have both the printed papers and the coordinating solids and used both as it's nice not to have to try to match up random cardstock colours. I added a stamped and die cut circle over the open circular area on the panel and some glittery ephemera for a pop of colour. I also added a small gold foil butterfly and gold glitter dots for additional shimmer & shine.


I haven't used the Butterfly Pop up die set in awhile, so pulled it out again. I wasn't sure if it would work in a 3.5" width - but it fits easily!


The butterfly base was die cut from gold foil card stock and I ended up cutting the wings and body from scraps of patterned paper that were sitting on my stamping table. The colours worked out well and I was able to use them up. Finally, a stamped sentiment from Catherine Pooler and some glitter dots and my card was finished. I know just who this is going to 😊



Supplies used:
Patterned paper (and coordinating solids)- The Paper Boutique
Ephemera - Woodland Stories, Little Birdie
Double Stitched Circle dies - Divinity Designs
Hexagon Punch - Stampin' Up
Pop Up Butterfly die set - Spellbinders
Gold foil card stock
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose
Happy Birthday Many Ways - Catherine Pooler
Inside Out Birthday - Catherine Pooler
Glitter Dots

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!