Friday 2 August 2024

Butterfly Bunny Birthday Card Duo

Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!  After I used this die to make Easter cards, I made a note to use it again for summer Birthday cards. This week I made these two and the second one is a pop up.

The die is quite large, so I made my cards into 5x7" but a 6x6" square card would work as well. The patterned paper is MANY years old and from my stash. I die cut the Butterfly Bunny from patterned paper and adhered them both to burgundy card stock. Then the images were fussy cut so I could pop them up with thin foam tape.

For this first card I added Stickles glitter glue around the butterfly wings, and added a pair of small die cut butterflies.

Below is the inside of the first card ... with a stamped sentiment and a light green vellum butterfly.

The second card is stepped up. I die cut butterflies from both patterned paper and white pearl vellum, adhering three of them over the butterflies on the main image. They were glued down along the butterfly bodies only, so there is some lift to the wings.

The first card base was white but I wanted to try it with a Kraft card base as well. In the end, I think I like the white one better. For the inside of this second card I used Karen Burniston's Lorna Label Pop Up.

The 'fluttering by' sentiment is actually part of a larger stamp that also says 'I miss you'. I knew I wouldn't use that one very often, so I trimmed away the 'miss you' portion and can add it to the 'fluttering by' sentiment again if I do need it. But I will get lots more use out of that stamp with it saying "fluttering by to say ..." 

I also added a couple more butterflies to the pop up area, and of course - Glitter Dot stickers for some shimmer.


The birthday sentiment was stamped on a scalloped white panel - both it and the crosshatch green panel are from the Short Crosshatch Rectangles die set - also by Karen Burniston


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - K & Company (very old, from my stash)
Bunny & Butterfly die - Creative Expressions
Butterfly dies - Scrapbook .com
Shimmer spray
Sakura glitter pen
Lorna Label Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Short Crosshatch Rectangles - Karen Burniston
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose
White pearl vellum - stash
Fluttering By Sentiments - Waffle Flower 
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Blending sponge - Tim Holtz
Glitter Dot stickers - Ecstasy Crafts
Stickles glitter glue
Happy Birthday - Birthday Blowout, Poppy Stamps
Essential Birthday Sentiments - LDRS
Kraft 5x7" card base & envelope
White 5x7" card base & envelope


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!