Friday 30 August 2024

Rainbow Birthday Accordion Card


Welcome to Fun fold Friday here on my blog! I'm really late posting today - I had a Tetanus shot yesterday, and the trouble with having an autoimmune disease (Rheumatoid Arthritis) is that vaccines set up a doozy of an immune response. Lots of pain meds and I'm finally able to sit with my laptop to get this posted. Whew. Today I'm sharing a fun card using dies -and stamps!!- by Karen Burniston! I have a walkthrough of my card on YouTube:  


Apparently the Fancy Label Accordion is one of Karen B's most popular die sets, and her last release included both the Fancy Solid Frame dies and Tree Add-Ons. So fun! Below you can see the card closed and how it will look coming out of the envelope.


She also has a selection of stamps that go perfectly with her new release and I used the birthday set for this card. The front has "Make A Wish" and the back has a white label which is where we can sign our names. I was impressed at how well the stamps stamp, too!


I cut the Fancy Label Accordion four times, using the Tree Add-On's for the centre two panels. 


For a little something extra, I added the Happy Birthday on a separate strip - which I adhered to the left and right tree panels. I took my time placing it inside the card so it wouldn't stick out past the edge of the card when it's all closed up.


The card folds up surprisingly flat, and while it will likely need an extra stamp for thickness it won't have to go as a 'parcel'. I really had fun making this happy card and look forward to more playtime with these dies.

 
Supplies used:
Fancy Label Accordion - Karen Burniston
Fancy Solid Frame -  - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - JJ's Rainbows, Waffle Flower
Tree Add-Ons (for the Fancy Label Accordion) - Karen Burniston
Birthday/Belated Sentiments - Karen Burniston
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith


2 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the pastel rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, especially the colors! The black/white trees are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!