Friday 16 August 2024

Floral Pop-Up Birthday Card


It's Fun Fold Friday here on my blog! The pretty floral bouquet on this card was made using a stamp/layering stencil set from Taylored Expressions, called Autumn Array. I die cut it using Karen Burniston's Squares Crosshatch and added it to a 5x7" card that had a floral paper panel mounted to the front. Since it's a birthday card going to a friend, of course I made it into a pop-up, too!


The sentiment is from my plastic envelope - I do a bunch of different birthday greetings at a time and store them all together so I just need to poke around in that envelope to find the one I want to finish off my card. So I'm not sure who makes that stamp!


Inside I used the Twist Flower Pop-Up die set by Karen Burniston, which is definitely one of my favourites. This time I actually used the included decorator dies, which was also fun. I took a 4 x 6" strip of leftover patterned paper and cut it in half at 2". Then I adhered each piece right up to - but not over - the fold. The daisy borders were also cut from the patterned paper, but since it's double sided I used the blue print side instead of the floral. 


The leaves were die cut from scraps of green pearlized cardstock and I added Pops Of Color (sparkly thick glitter glue) on the daisy border centres and the focal flower centre as well.  Finally I added a stamped sentiment on either side of the card and got it photographed and ready to mail.



Supplies used:
Autumn Array stamp and stencil set - Taylored Expressions
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Blending sponges - Ranger
Twist Flower Pop Up die set - Karen Burniston
Squares Crosshatch dies - Karen Burniston
Scraps of green pearl cardstock
Shimmer Spray
Patterned paper - Miss Caroline, My Minds Eye
Happy Birthday (stash)
Pops of Color, Snowflake - Scrapbook .com
Birthday Wishes stamps - Honeybee Stamps
5x7 Card base and envelope


2 comments:

  1. I like the use of the patterned paper strip to create a background for the pop up but also leaving white space on either side. Daisy die cuts are a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!