Friday 9 August 2024

Pop Up Wedding Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday on my blog! ItOur daughter-in-law's brother is getting married this month and I offered to make a wedding card. The bride loves pink, orange and yellow so those are the colours I went with - along with lots and lots of white.



I love a larger card for a wedding, so this one is 5x7". The patterned paper had the right colours, and since it's such a 'loosey goosey' print, I scribbled more pink, orange and yellow onto the flowers with alcohol markers. I knew I'd be covering the paper with vellum to soften the paper, but it would have been OK without. The Foliage Frame was die cut from white pearl cardstock and the Happily Ever After was cut from rainbow holographic cardstock. Actually I cut it three times - twice from white and once from the holographic. I adhered the three layers together so it would be nice and sturdy - like a chipboard element, and since the card is being hand delivered I didn't have to worry about bulk. Finally, I added a trio of mirrored heart confetti pieces and filled in the open heart on the sentiment with glitter glue.


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up. I sure get a lot of use out of that one having made over 15 cards with it already!  


The wedding charms are also by Karen Burniston. When you snip off the hanging hole, they become cute little elements you can add to your cards. I love the embossed feature on the brides dress.


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Meandering Meadows 6x6", Stampin' Up
5x7" Foliage Frame - Kat Scrappiness
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Recollections
Vellum - Stampin' Up
White pearl cardstock
Nuvo Glaze
Happily Ever After - Karen Burniston
Mirrored hearts - Kat Scrappiness
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Sentiment - One in a Million, Stampin' Up
Nesting hearts dies - Hero Arts
Wedding Charms - Karen Burniston
Congrats (stamp and die) - Pinkfresh Studios
5x7" card base & envelope


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!