Friday 31 May 2024

Apple Thank You Card Duo


Last fall I was flipping through an older paper pad and when I saw this 12x12" sheet with the apples - I decided to pull it out and make a couple of teacher appreciation cards for my stash. These ones are a full 6" square - not a size I usually make because of the additional mailing costs for a square card. Since these ones will be hand delivered to our grandkids teachers though, I decided to go ahead with that card size!



I tried to do a pop up inside this first card, and added a window in the front. I can't remember what I did to mess it up (haha) but in the end I made that (sad) little shaker to try & salvage the card. The little Bookworm is from Karen Burniston and he is just too cute. I also added some rainbow holographic cardstock to brighten up the cards since the patterned & cranberry cardstock are very dark.  Below you can see the inside of the first card.


The second card has a large die cut apple, with a stamped sentiment. For some fun, I added the apple on with an Action Wobble spring so it bobs and wobbles. I think that was probably the last time I used an Action Wobble until recently when I've pulled them out again. I seem to go in phases with those things!


Below is the inside of the second card. These two cards were the first ones I pulled out of my card bin to give our daughters for the grandkids teachers, supplemented with the ones I've made recently.


Supplies used:
Apple patterned paper - K & Co (old, I've been hoarding it)
Double Stitched Circle dies - Divinity Designs
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Recollections
Thanks die - Crafty Meraki
Stardust Glitter Pen
Transparency
Various filler - my stash
Bookworm - Karen Burniston
Black Pen
Sakura white gel pen
Grey Topic marker
Educators Rule stamps - Altenew
Catherine Pooler Inks
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
Peel off Border - Ecstasy Crafts
Wink of Stella
Action Wobble
Apple of My Eye stamps & dies - Trinity Stamps
Teacher sentiments - Penny Black
Twine

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!