Monday 20 May 2024

Teacher's Aid Appreciation Card

 



I had to buckle down and make some time for creating, since I make our grandkids their Teacher Appreciation cards. This one is for Olivia's aid, there is a different card for her teacher that I actually made last year. Things always get busy this time of year with the weather warming up so I learned to work ahead for these cards. Obviously my good intentions failed me this year as I neglected to make a card that didn't have the word TEACHER on it! 

The patterned paper is nice and heavyweight, so I was able to add each of the panels to the card with foam tape. It's hard to see in the photos, but it adds some dimension and interest. Since the card will be hand delivered, I don't have to worry about making it light enough to mail. 😊


The Thank You circle die is part of a set I've had for years - it's a 3D Drop Ins die by the Stamps of Life. I thought about using it as intended and make a pop-up inside with the Thank You, but I had already adhered the patterned paper to the card front and the Thank You circle fit so well I went this this instead. I used blending brushes and dye ink to add the colour on the white card stock circle behind the die cut words, then added it to the card front with an Action Wobble. 

See? I go in phases with those and I'm still in an Action Wobble phase. It bobs and wobbles around so it adds some fun to the otherwise simple card.


Here is the inside - more ink blending and a stamped sentiment.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - School Days, Miss Kate Cuttables (old, from my stash)
Thank You 3D Drop Ins - The Stamps of Life
Action Wobble
Teacher Sentiments - Penny Black
Blending Brushes
Catherine Pooler coloured inks

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!