Wednesday 29 May 2024

School Themed Sheetload of Cards

I have a note in my planner to make the grandkids their 'Back To School' cards in May. While the end of August sounds like it's a long way off, past experience reminds me how busy things get in the summer and I don't want to be scrambling mid August trying to get those five cards made and mailed/delivered. I decided to pull out the May 2024 Sheetload of cards and some school themed papers and this is what I came up with! I do have a YouTube video as well, which you can find here:  

As I said in the video, once I got the card fronts all done and was deciding how to decorate them I chose to only make two of them into Back To School cards. I didn't want the grandkids to all get such similar cards, so the rest of them are Teacher (and teachers aid) appreciation cards.


I adhered apple stickers to white card stock & fussy cut them out so I could pop them up with foam tape. Since so many come in a package, I added one to each card front and the inside, and will probably add one to the envelopes as well. I liked the look of the stacked washi tape with the apple stickers so each card got the same thing. The kids cards are blank and the others all have a sentiment stamped inside.


Wanting them to be a little different from each other, I decorated the eight cards with four different stamps/dies/placement.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - School Days, Miss Kate Cutables
Yay die - the Stamps of Life
Thank you die w/ shadow - Simply Thank You, Simon Says Says
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Thanks stamp - Biggest Wish, Stampin' Up
Teacher Sentiments - Penny Black
Brother Label Maker
Simply Sentimental Teacher - Trinity Stamps
Apple Stickers - Amazon .ca
Washi tape - Doodlebug


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!