Saturday 25 May 2024

Music Themed Half Shutter Card

This was supposed to be a post for Fun Fold Friday on my blog, but holy smokes - hubby and I got our second Shingles vaccine Thursday afternoon and it sent us for a tailspin (fever, chills, aches - even my HAIR hurt). I had to hold off posting until today when I can hold my head up for longer than two minutes. Other than a little achy and a sore arm at the injection site (completely normal) we both feel much better today.

This is the card I made for our youngest grandchild to give her piano teacher. Last year I made him a 5x7" Wiper Card, so I wanted to continue with a fun fold card and pulled out the Half Shutter With Layers by Divinity Designs. I love that it does all the cutting and scoring for the card base, and that the included layering dies make it so quick and easy to assemble my card.

I already had the music themed stickers - I love the nice big size of them and that they are glossy! I adhered them to white cardstock and fussy cut them out so I could pop them up with foam tape. This also helps the (thin) stickers have more stability even if just adhering right to the card or patterned paper. The polka dots on this paper are raised and they would have shown through if I had just pressed the stickers down on top of it inside of the card.

Alma has really great printing, but like most kids - it's pretty large. So I wanted lots of room for her to write a message but I didn't want a plain white panel either. Narrow gold tape to the rescue!


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Garden Vignettes, My Minds Eye (OLD!)
Music note stickers - Paper House
Hexagon Crosshatch dies - Karen Burniston
Thanks stamp - Biggest Wish, Stampin' Up
Gold glitter dot stickers - Ecstasy Crafts
Narrow gold tape - Amazon .ca

3 comments:

  1. It is a lovely card . Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely card . Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!