Monday 6 May 2024

Floral Cluster Birthday Card


I'm getting closer to using up this paper package! I bought it online a few years ago, but was surprised at how large the patterns were and struggled to use it on cards. I had also purchased the coordinating embellishments and obviously didn't read the description close enough because when they came they were chipboard. Beautiful, but ... chipboard. I find chipboard makes a card too heavy and bulky for mailing so I wasn't use them for the longest time. 

Finally I realized I could peel off some of the back layers and that did the trick. That is what I did for this pretty floral cluster element.  The layout was kind of fun - I haven't done this on a 5x7" card before. I cut the patterned paper into a 4.75" square, then cut it on the diagonal into two equal pieces. These were adhered to a piece of lightweight cardstock cut at 4.75 x 6.75" then I added narrow gold foil tape and wrapped the ends around to the back. That panel was then adhered to my card front.

The scalloped circles were die cut from white card stock (they all cut at the same time).  I inked the three pieces with blending brushes and re-assembled on the card front.  The little Happy Birthday was fussy cut from a leftover sheet in a card making kit.


Here is a peek at the inside, where I used a nice big piece of that patterned paper. 


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Stamperia
Narrow gold foil tape - Amazon .ca
Chipboard elements - Stamperia
Stitched Scallop Circle dies - Pinkfresh Studios
Happy Birthday - Bee Happy Cardmaking Kit, Paper Rose
Gold Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafty
Special Sentiments - Penny Black
Stickles Glitter Glue
5 x 7" card base & envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!