Monday 27 May 2024

Gold & Green Birthday Card

I wanted to make a card yesterday (Sunday) but my head was still a little woozy so I knew it would have to be a fairly simple one. At times like this, I know I can always make a birthday card to add to my nursing home donation bag. I tried to take a photo of the card several times, but this is one that is just way better in real life.

The embossed Happy Birthday panel was on my stamping table so I started ink blending with sponges, blue & green inks. Then I spied my jar of gold Lunar Paste and thought I'd try ty rub it over the embossed surface. It actually looks quite good in real life, not muddy and blotchy as it does in the photos.

The panel was trimmed and matted with gold and then I added the Happy Birthday which was die cut from the same gold and popped up with foam tape.

Inside I added a white panel that was wrapped with narrow gold tape, matted with the same gold as used on the card front then a sentiment stamped inside.

I thought I'd like to make a Slimline card, or a Father's Day card but a holiday Slimline paper pad caught my eye and I started working on a Christmas card instead. My head is better again today, so I will try to get those finished and then I'd better get moving on Father's Day.

Supplies used:
Embossing Folder - old, likely Sizzix
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Gold Lunar Paste
Gold foil card stock - Recollections
Happy Birthday die - Penny Black
Narrow gold tape - Amazon .ca
Inside stamp - Lots of Birthday2Stamp, the Stamps of Life

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to make a card, love the colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!