Tuesday 21 May 2024

Five Simple Birthday Cards


I was poking around in a drawer with patterned paper, and saw this confetti print one with the plaid on the reverse side. I decided to cut it down into panels to make birthday cards for the nursing home. 

The layout is simple, with a patterned paper panel and I used the leftover pieces for the strip across the centre. I was able to use up the whole 12x12" sheet for these cards! I stamped the Make A Wish on white cardstock scraps, then punched them out with a hexagon punch. Those pieces were adhered with foam tape then I added some sparkly glitter dot stickers on the fronts.


I have had those A2 sized green card bases for YEARS, so I was happy to use some of them up. I added a white stamped panel inside with some washi tape for colour. The tape was torn from the roll and adhered to the upper right corner with some overhang at the top edge. That overhang was tucked onto the back of the panel then the panel was adhered inside the card. That ensures that the tape doesn't lift at that top edge.


These were so quick and easy to make, I thought about not even bothering to photograph or blog them. But ... I haven't got anything else to share, so ... 😊


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Pebbles (Double sided)
Washi tape - my stash
Inside stamp - Lots of Birthday to Stamp, Stamps of Life
Make A Wish stamp - Birthday Cheer, Papertrey Ink
Glitter dot stickers - Ecstasy Crafts
Mini Misti
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!