Thursday 23 November 2023

Two Mini Slim Trifold Cards for Christmas


Today's cards are for my monthly series "12 Months of Christmas". I'm happy with them now, but they gave me all kinds of grief when I was making them. First, they started out to be pull cards - where you open the front then pull the inside panels to the right to open the card fully. Things just would not work out, so finally I adhered panels together and decided to make them trifold cards instead. I crossed my fingers, because if this didn't work I was tossing them. 😜


These two sheets were the last of the patterned paper in the package! Well, that's not true ... there were a couple of other ones that I didn't really like and I finally decided that there was no reason for me to look at them every year then put the package back on the shelf. Into recycling with the 'ugly' prints and ... done!


I added peel off stickers and die cut deer, as well as stamped sentiments. When you open the cards you see this snowflake and sentiment.


After you open that panel you see the inside sentiment and that is where we will sign our names.


The snowflake paper is nice and sparkly but the pattern was pretty big and I hadn't found a way to use it before this year.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 34 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used 

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Winter Wonderland, Recollections (old & the last of it!)
White pearl cardstock
Deer - Grassy Grove dies, Stampin' Up
Snowflake Peel Off Stickers - Ecstasy Crafts
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Hunkydory
Snowflake dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs (old)
Narrow gold tape - Amazon .ca
Gold mirror cardstock - Hunkydory
Circle dies - Hero Arts
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafty
Seasons Greetings Peel Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Catherine Pooler inks
Sentiments - Perfectly Plaid, Stampin' Up
Scallop Stitched Nesting Circles - Tutti Designs

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!