Friday 3 November 2023

Heart Flip Style Card for Thanksgiving


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog. A few months ago I was placing an order at Ecstasy Crafts (Ontario Canada) for some Glitter Dots and Peel Off border stickers. They also carry the Studio Light line and I ended up adding a couple of those fun fold die sets to my online cart. This is one of them - the SL Heart Essentials die set. This is also the November edition to my monthly series "New Fun Folds".



It folds 'backwards' to any of the Flip-It cards I have made before and is also smaller than A2. This one creates a 4" square card which fits nicely in an A2 envelope. While initially I wasn't sure how I felt about it, once I made the card up I was quite happy with it. I actually made a video walkthrough but it has since disappeared. So instead I have a video showing how the card looks from different angles.

I used some years old patterned paper and 3-d border stickers from my stash as well as some narrow gold tape for some shimmer. And those Glitter Dots as well!


The acorn is an older Stampin' Up punch and I love getting it out for my fall cards.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 7 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used .

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Amber Moon, Prima (old)
SL Heart Essentials - Studio Light
Narrow gold tape - Amazon
Catherine Pooler Inks
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
Give Thanks - Give Thanks Sentiments, Catherine Pooler
Thanksgiving Blessings - Taylored Expressions
Gold mirror cardstock
3D border stickers - old, from my stash
Acorn punch - Stampin' Up
White paint pen
Sticker on envelope - Mambi
Washi Tape

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!