Wednesday 22 November 2023

Stepped Up Sheetload Cards


Alicia at 'Call Me Crafty Al' releases a new Sheetload of Cards (Sketch and Cutting Guide) on the 1st of each month, and you can pretty much bet that on the 1st I'm in my craft room cutting down papers. This month was no exception, and as usual I finished my panels and had them ready to attach to card bases. 

At that point I had the idea to step up the cards AND do a video tutorial for them. Which was all well and good, but when I was finished the video was over 45 minutes long. After an additional 90+ minutes of editing I wasn't even half finished so I threw in the towel. I just don't have the time or energy to spend over 3 hours editing a video, then another hour to preview the video and get it uploaded, as well as getting the blog post written. So ... no tutorial ... although I haven't deleted the video in case I end up having lots of free time between now and Christmas. 😂



I added narrow gold foil tape to my panels for some holiday shine, and instead of a vellum circle element I used the 3 x 3" cut aparts that were in the paper pad. So in addition to the four sheets of 6 x 6" paper that the Sheetload called for, I used up an additional two with the cut aparts AND additional sheets for the layers and insides. Yeah!

The easiest way to step up the inside of your cards is simply to add a printed paper panel. That is what I did for the first two, adding a smaller white panel to the inside with a stamped sentiment.


For the next two cards I added the panels to white card bases but did a simple box pop up inside. The 3 x 4" cut aparts were also in the paper pad so I got to use them up as well. I do have video tutorials on creating simple box pop ups and HERE is one of them. The pop up box measured 5 x 1", scored .5,  2.5  and 3".


Of course I had to make a pair of Z Fold cards - my favourite type of fun fold. I haven't done them with such a large front element before but I was happy with how they turned out.


The final two cards are Faux Step cards. Again, I wouldn't normally use such a large element as it doesn't leave much room to add other elements onto the 'steps' but they still turned out cute. They also stand beautifully for display!

 

With all the dilly dallying around with the video, I'm quite late sharing my November Sheetload cards ... but at least I'm getting them shared in the same month! 

Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 32 Cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used 

Supplies:
November Sheetload of Cards, Call Me Crafty Al
6x6" patterned paper & cut aparts - Jingle All The Way, Echo Park
Narrow gold tape
Sentiment - Joy to You, Stampin' Up
Catherine Pooler Inks
Snowflake peel offs & Glitter dots - Ecstasy Crafts

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!