Monday 27 November 2023

Gift Card Holders (& Tutorial)


After many years of making the same type of Gift Card Holders (see that tutorial HERE) I decided to change it up and even managed a video tutorial!  There are lots of this type of Gift Card Holders out there, but I didn't like how deep the pocket was for a lot of them. That is why I came up with my own measurements and wanted to share. These will fit in a standard A2 envelope.


The first pair uses double sided patterned paper. One has a large snowflake on the front and the other is a 3 x 4" red foil cut apart.


Below you can see the pockets on the left side where you would add the gift card.


This next pair was done with one having a cardstock base and the other from patterned paper. This patterned paper wasn't nearly as sturdy as the first pair so I added a printed panel inside to help with that.


The pockets and sentiments are revealed when you open the holders.


This one was quick and easy and just features pretty patterned paper along with a die cut oval on the front.



Finally, one made with gold foiled patterned paper that I inked with blending sponges and dye inks. The card I made to go with this Gift Card Holder will be up on my blog tomorrow. 😊



Gift Card Holder by Karen Aicken

Base is 10.25 x 4.25"

Score at 2 and 4.75". Be mindful of paper direction! 
Turn it and look at where the score lines will be before scoring

Patterned paper - One at 5.25 x 4" (this goes on the inside right)

One panel at 2.5 x 4"  (this is for the front left)

  One at 1.75 x 4"  (this is to cover the pocket)



Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 42 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used 

Supplies:

Snowflake Gift Card Holder:
Patterned paper - Peaceful Prints, Stampin' Up (old)
Double Stitched Circle dies - Divinity Designs
Large Snowflake die - Impress (old)
Corner Rounder
Project Life Journal Card & Banner Sentiment
Giftable Greetings - MFT Stamps
Peel off Snowflakes - Ecstasy Crafts

Masculine Gift Card Holders:
Patterned paper - unknown
Stitched Ovals - MFT Stamps
Treat Yourself & dies - Pigment Craft Co
Catherine Pooler Inks
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
Gorgeous Grunge - Stampin' Up
Trucking Along & punch - Stampin' Up

Simple Winter Gift Card Holder
Giftable Greetings - MFT Stamps
Braided Oval die - Pinkfresh Studios

Gold Foiled Gift Card Holders
Patterned paper - Holiday Bash, Recollections (old)
Inverted Scallop Circles - Pinkfresh Studios
Short Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Word Set 12 Anniversary - Karen Burniston
Narrow gold tape - Amazon
Mirrored hearts - Kat Scrappiness
Gold foil cardstock
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!