Wednesday 29 November 2023

Boot-iful Birthday Card


This card just makes me happy. I had this 'Boot-iful' embossing folder/die on my Wish List pretty much since it first came out, and I finally bought it earlier this month. There were also a set of layering stencils that I debated about, but finally added them to my cart at the same time. I LOVE them and I'm so glad I got the stencils as well. This is the first card I've made with the set, a birthday card for my Mother-In-Law.

I ended up cutting a letter sized sheet of white cardstock into four (A2 sized) panels, and did the stencilling on all four panels to save cleaning off the stencils after just one inking. So I actually have three more of these ready to go! After the stencilling was done I used the coordinating die to cut three of the boot/floral images but I left one as an A2 sized panel. Then I placed the stencilled, die cut piece carefully into the embossing folder and ran I through. I ooooooohed. I ahhhhhhed. I was happy. I repeated with the other pieces, and put those away for another day.

For this card I embossed a Kraft panel with a brick embossing folder that I've had for years, and I rubbed my finger into Catherine Pooler's new Champagne ink pad (pigment ink) and over some of the raised areas of the brick panel. I love the soft sheen it gave those bricks! I also added a little on the orange blooms, then a die cut butterfly from gold mirror cardstock.


Here is a look at the inside. The butterfly was die cut from a scrap of pink patterned paper and rubbed with gold Lunar Paste before adding it inside.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 44 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Boot-iful Embossing Folder and Die - Lisa Horton
Boot-iful Layering Stencils - Lisa Horton
Catherine Pooler Inks
Bricked embossing folder - Tim Holtz
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Small blending brushes
Gold mirror cardstock scrap
Little Etched Butterflies - Paper Rose
Catherine Pooler Champagne Ink***
Special sentiments - Penny Black
Gold Lunar Paste (on inside butterfly)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!