Wednesday 8 November 2023

Four Gatefold Thanksgiving Cards


I have been making an effort to go through my 'In Progress' bin ... and pulled out an envelope that had the makings of these four cards inside. The green cardstock Gatefold bases were there, the orange patterned paper cut to fit the front and inside panels, the stamped/embossed/fussy cut and coloured leaf images were in there. All had been sitting in the envelope for years. So ... I had a look and decided I would assemble and finish the cards and get them out of the bin!



The leaves have a shimmer to them, I likely painted them with Twinkling H2O's way back when. The (wood mounted) stamp was from Magenta. I die cut four stitched ovals to mount the leaves to and stamped a sentiment strip for the card fronts. A gold foiled bee sticker was added to the upper right corner and I also added a few gold Glitter Dots for more sparkle.




Inside, I cut a smaller white panel and wrapped the edges with Washi Tape & narrow gold tape  then stamped a sentiment. I also added another gold bee sticker ... just because. 😊. The envelopes also got stickers and some washi tape and I have four more cards for Thanksgiving! (I send Thanksgiving cards to our American friends & family and their Thanksgiving is late November).


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 13 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used 

Supplies:
Olive Bazzill Cardstock
Orange paper - Basic Grey? old from my stash
Leaf stamp - Magenta
Happy Thanksgiving - Give Thanks Sentiments, Catherine Pooler
Sentiment inside - Truly Thankful, Colorado Craft Company
Gold embossing powder
Twinkling H2O's
Stitched Rectangle dies - Your Next Stamp
Washi Tape - stash
Narrow Gold Washi Tape
Oval Stitched Rows - Divinity Designs
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Catherine Pooler inks
Gold foil bee sticker
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!