Tuesday 7 November 2023

Circle Flip-Its Card (With an Extra Flap!)


It's safe to say I love Flip-its dies, and have for years. In fact I just checked the labels on the side of my blog and the Flip-its Label says 99 cards. This one makes 100 Flip-it cards! 😳😊  I was scrolling on YouTube and saw that Stephanie Barnard had a video showing how to add and extra flap to a Flip-its card and I immediately watched it. Then I had to go make one! I have all the details on how it's done in my YouTube video:  


The card opens like a regular Flip-its ...

... but then you open that centre section and it reveals an entire extra panel for you to decorate as desired! So fun. I pulled out some older patterned paper and stickers to finish off my card. NOTE the stickers were adhered to white cardstock then fussy cut. This gives them stability and allows me to pop them up with foam tape.


It took me awhile to find her video again, but I did and it's linked below for you. Also, she calls it a Hidden Panel which makes more sense but since I called it an extra flap in the video I am leaving it as is. 😉

Edited to add:  This card is my November edition to my monthly series "Throwback Fun Fold Dies" as well.

Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November so far - 9 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Added Extra Flap as per SB's video, 
which you can find HERE
Patterned paper - Doodlebug Designs
Stickers - Stash
Circle Flip-Its - Sizzix, The Stamps of Life
Give Thanks Sentiments - Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler inks
Twine

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!