Friday 1 December 2023

Pop Up Christmas Card Duo



Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog, and Happy December 1st!  As I have always done in December - I'll be sharing holiday cards right up until Christmas. Still, this is my 12th and final edition to my monthly series "12 Months of Christmas".  Today I'm sharing a pair of 5 x 7" cards - one has a simple box pop up and the other uses the Paper Frames Pop Up die set by Karen Burniston.  In the photo above you can see the fronts of both cards.


In the photo below you see the insides!  (Sorry for the bad lighting - these photos were not allowing me to do much editing.)


Both cards are nice and simple on the fronts, letting that adorable patterned paper do all the work. I matted the panels with coordinating patterned paper from the same package, added some glitter and gold snowflake stickers as well as a stamped sentiment popped up with foam tape.


The first card has a simple box pop up inside. I have several tutorials on YouTube showing how to make these (Click HERE to see one) and I used a cut apart from a sheet in the package as the decorative element inside.



The second card is actually on a Kraft card base instead of a white one - both cards have matching envelopes.


I fussy cut a couple of snow people from a sheet in the package with borders of these snowmen to decorate the inside. I love all the dimension you get with the Paper Frames Pop Up!


Whenever I give someone a card that uses the Paper Frames Pop Up, they turn it over to view it from the top ... so here is a top view photo for you. 😊


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November - 46 cards
December so far - 2 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used .

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Say Freeze, Recollections (old)
5 x 7" Kraft card blank & envelope
5 x 7" white card blank & envelope
A7 Nested Rectangle dies - Waffle Flower
Nuvo Glaze
Gold Peel Off sticker border - unknown
Paper Frames Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Label Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Catherine Pooler inks
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Frosty Hello - Magical Winter Wishes, Your Next Stamp
Sentiment - In & Out Christmas, Taylored Expressions
Snowflake Sticker Peel-Off's, Elizabeth Craft Designs & Stamp On It
Gold gel pen

2 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are beautiful! I just love the snow people and the pop-up is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!