Thursday 28 December 2023

Embossed Floral Birthday Card


Back in October I shared a Mini Slimline sympathy card made with this Slimline embossing folder. I decided to pull it out again and make an A2 sized card with it. After running my cardstock through with the embossing folder I lightly rubbed dye inks onto the raised portion with blending sponges. It's soft and pretty and I was happy with the effect. Quick and easy, too!

Adding a stamped sentiment strip and some glitter dots my card was finished and ready to pop into my nursing home donation bin. I've shown my plastic envelope before in YouTube videos -  it's chock full of birthday sentiment strips. I just make a whole bunch in an evening so I'm not sure of which stamp I used on this one. I just like having them stamped, die cut and all ready to add to a card front.


Here is a peek at the inside ...


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November - 46 cards
December so far - 24 cards (& 16 simple tags)

Supplies:
Slimline embossing folder - Lillies, Nellies Choice
Catherine Pooler inks
Wink of Stella
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
Blending sponges - Ranger
Sentiment - possibly MFT
Inside sentiment - Birthday Wishing, Colorado Craft Co.
Washi tape - stash

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!