Friday 22 December 2023

Mini Slimline Christmas Duo


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday on my blog! Today I'm sharing my final Christmas cards for 2023 and these two Mini Slimline cards helped me use up the last of a 6x6" paper pad. 


The first card also uses the Winter Owl bundle (Stampin' Up) with a simple box pop up. The sentiment was trimmed from a sheet of borders in the pad - it was the last one!


 The Pop Up strip measures 1 x 3", scored at .5, 1.5 and 2". I have several video tutorials on creating this type of Pop-Up, here are a couple:  Slimline Pop Up Tutorial (but the technique and measurements work for A2 cards as well) or Quick and Easy Pop Up Tutorial (from 2 years ago but I use it all the time).


The second card has a piece of snowflake printed acetate over the ornament patterned paper - I don't do this nearly enough as I really like how it looks. The ornament decoration is a Peel Off sticker I've had in my stash for many years - originally it was from Elizabeth Craft Designs. As was the Seasons Greetings Peel Off sticker.

The navy cardstock strip goes over the patterned paper but under the acetate, and the Seasons Greeting is on top of the acetate. 


Inside I used my new favourite die by Karen Burniston ... the Twist Flower Pop Up. I love that it fits inside a Mini Slimline and Slimline card!


One more look ...


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November - 46 cards
December so far - 22 cards (& 16 simple tags)

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to just listing what I used .

Supplies:
Patterned paper - A Winter's Night, Recollection (old)
Mini Slimline Embossed Edge Rectangle dies - Kat Scrappiness
Snowflake Luxury Foiled Acetate - Hunkydory
Snowflake Peel Off's - Ecstasy Crafts
Ornament Peel Off''s - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Copics to colour the snowflakes copper
Catherine Pooler Inks
Water Brush
Seasons Greetings Peel Off's - stash
Twist Flower Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Double Stitched Circles - Divinity Designs
Magic Holiday Messages - Lawn Fawn
Glitter Dots - Ecstasy Crafts
Large Snowflake Peel Off's - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Wink of Stella
Wonder & Cheer - Above it All, Stampin' Up
Winter Owls (stamps & dies) - Stampin' Up
Fishtail banners - MFT Stamps
Short Crosshatch Rectangles - Karen Burniston 

1 comment:

  1. Love the both, but of course my favourite is the owl one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!