Wednesday 20 December 2023

Our Groomer's Christmas Card & Gift Card Holder


When I saw this sheet of cut-aparts (Photo Play) I knew I had to buy a sheet. I love the colours with the fun dog images and the 'spa day' one was just too perfect for what I had in mind.

Since Jasper had a grooming appointment last week, I wanted to bring the groomer a holiday card that included a Gift Card. They always do such a good job with Jasper and he looks totally handsome when he comes out. Not like the 'homeless Sheltie' look he has going in, ha ha.


First up is the Gift Card Holder. I used the measurements in my Gift Card Holder Tutorial (click HERE) and some patterned paper that matched the card. The purse/dog was fussy cut from another cut apart on the sheet and popped up onto the scalloped oval with foam tape. I stamped WOOF! on the oval to fill up some of the white space and the front was done.


Inside, there is the pocket for the Gift Card, and one more WOOF!. We wrote a personal message onto the inside oval.


After matting the 4 x 6" cut-apart onto pink patterned paper, I stamped a sentiment on a fishtail banner and adhered it over the words that were printed on the cut-apart. Then I created an infinity shaker with a transparency and filler that resembled bubbles from a bubble bath.


I stencilled on the card front from the upper left to the lower right corner, and also added stencilling to the envelope.


Here is a peek at the inside. The dog on the spa towel was fussy cut from one of the 3 x 4" cut-aparts on the sheet and I added Nuvo Glaze to the cucumber slices on his eyes. Too funny.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags
November - 46 cards
December so far - 19 cards (& 16 simple tags)

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Cut aparts - Pampered Pooch, Photo Play
Pink patterned paper - - Pampered Pooch, Photo Play
5 x 7" card blank and envelope
Outside sentiment - Encircled in Warmth, Stampin' Up
Catherine Pooler inks
Blending sponge - Ranger
Transparency
Bow Wow Stencil - Photo Play
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
Snowflake peel offs - Ecstasy
Nuvo Glaze
Stitched oval dies- MFT Stamps
Scalloped stitched oval dies - MFT Stamps
Woof - Dog Happiness, Frantic Stamper
Blue patterned paper - Countdown to Christmas, MME (old!)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!