Wednesday 1 November 2017

Winter Deer Twist Panel Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I confess that this card has been done for months. One day this summer I found myself in the area of a fun little scrapbook store "The Scrap Yard".  I hadn't been there in over a year, so I enjoyed some time poking around. The store owner made a point of showing me a new line of paper she'd brought in by the artist Alexandra Renke. I fell in love with the soft water colour looks and picked up several different sheets.

I chose this particular sheet because it had rectangles of lovely water coloured images that I was pretty sure I could cut to work with Karen Burniston's Twist Panel Pop-Up die set. This was the first card I've made with the patterned paper.

The front has a burlap ribbon wrapped around to the inside and one of the printed rectangles from the sheet that was die cut with a rectangle die in the Twist Panel Pop-Up die set. After inking the edges of both, the printed rectangle was adhered to the largest Katherine Label, which is also by Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company.



This type of pop-up card has been very popular but before this die set you had to to a fair bit of measuring and scoring, and/or use a template that you had to create. The Twist Panel Pop-Up die set allows you to just cut and assemble - all the measuring and scoring etc has been done for you. No wonder it completely SOLD OUT of it's first run and there was a waiting list for the next shipment. They should be available again where you shop and if not be sure to ask for them to be brought in!


I used Karen Burniston's Nature Edges, which has the stitched line above and below the cut line so you can use both the positive and negative portions as I've done here at the top and bottom of the card. I had picked up the deer stamp and die set at the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show a couple of years ago so it was fun to pull it out to add some interest to the bottom of the card.


These water colour images are so pretty. Living in the country, seeing deer, elk and other forest wildlife is a regular occurrence so to me these pieces are meaningful to me as well.


There are lots of dies in this Twist Panel Circle die set - you really get your money's worth! One of the additional dies is this fun heart pop-up. I adhered one here between the last two panels.


I just love the soft colours of this card, paired with the dynamic Twist Panel Pop-Up card. It will fold flat and easily fit into a standard A2 envelope.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Alexandra Renke
Peach, grey card stocks
Stamps - c.c. designs
Deer stamp and die - Local King
Jute ribbon - Stampin' Up
Copic markers


Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Love your card Karen. Just beautiful paper that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen. Love the colours and the paper that you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it- wonderful card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!