Wednesday 22 November 2017

Hedgehog Home Box Card

Good morning friends

I have a fun card to share today using a bunch of Karen Burniston dies, a new Prickley Pear stamp and the Scalloped Box Card by Lawn Fawn.


I chose the Gnome Home stamp set because I thought the mushroom homes would make cute houses for Karen Burniston's various cutie patootie animals. Here I used the Hedgehog from the Winter Animals set.

I have a goal with these box cards, and that is to make them simpler. I have made several and they can take quite a long time to put together. Once I have put that kind of effort into a card, I only want to send it to someone who would appreciate it.

However, they can be really cute without being stuffed full and they take a fraction of the time to create. Box Cards make an impression, and there is lots of room to embellish as much - or as little - as you want. I'm hoping to use my Box Card dies more now that I have wrapped my head around keeping them being simpler to create.


I added two sections (or shelves) to the inside, cut 4 strips of grass to fit, added the heart-holding-hedgehog, a stamped and coloured mushroom and the tree from the Tree Pop-Up. The card was finished in record time, too.

The back side has a stitched rectangle for a handwritten message.


I love how they fold completely flat for mailing! While the Lawn Fawn Scalloped Box Card was made to fit into an A2 envelope, on my card the tree stands above the scalloped edge of the card back. It will easily fit into a 5 x 7 envelope though and mail for a single stamp.


Supplies:
Scalloped box card die set - Lawn Fawn
Kraft, white, brown and green card stocks
Prismacolor pencils
Copic markers
Gnome Homes - Prickley Pear Stamps
Signo white gel pen
Patterned paper - Memory Box
Black glaze pen - Sakura

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!