Monday 31 July 2023

Magic Iris Pet Sympathy Card


Unfortunately I have had to make & send a couple of pet sympathy cards this month 😢 I find these especially hard to make, as it brings back the heartbreak of losing my sweet Cooper boy last April. I will never forget watching Jasper actively searching all over for his brother - for the whole two weeks we were still in Arizona, and then coming back home to Canada with only one dog. And watching Jasper search for him here too. Heartbreaking. I completely understand what my friends and family are going through and wanted them to know I'm thinking of them.


  

This card is also the 7th edition to my monthly series "Magic Iris" cards - I'm getting faster at making these with practice. When you pull the lever down the shutters open to reveal a sentiment.


Inside I added a scalloped rectangle with a stamped sentiment and a stamped paw print heart.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards

You may have noticed the affiliate thumbnails are no longer showing on my blog posts. That is because it costs money every month to share those links, and the past few months I havent made nearly enough sales to cover the cost. I would rather spend that money on craft supplies, than continue to pay out of pocket for a feature that viewers arent using.  I cancelled my subscription and will go back to listing my supplies in case anyone is curious about what I used.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Picture Perfect, Queen & Co
Dog Sympathy stamps - Scrapbook.com
Catherine Pooler Inks
Scallop rectangle dies - Pink & Main
Critter Condolences stamps- MFT Stamps
Pawprints dies - MFT Stamps
Wink of Stella
Tiny Heart Shape Sprinkles - Doodlebug
Various cardstocks from my stash

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!