Wednesday 26 July 2023

Pussy Willow Sympathy Card


Pussy Willows always remind me of my Mom. For her, until she had some in a vase in the living room - it wasn't Spring yet. Thankfully we had a huge willow tree in the yard, but when she moved to an apartment we would find them for her at the local florist. 

When I spied this element (in a package I'd been hoarding) I decided to give it centre stage on a sympathy card for my stash.


Here is a peek at the inside. The card base and foiled envelope are from Stampin' Up and the soft pattern on the front is perfect for sympathy cards!


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July so far - 46 cards

You may have noticed the affiliate thumbnails are no longer showing on my blog posts. That is because it costs money every month to share those links, and the past few months I havent made nearly enough sales to cover the cost. I would rather spend that money on craft supplies, than continue to pay out of pocket for a feature that viewers arent using. It saddens me that so many people dont bother going to blogs anymore, choosing instead to quickly view a card on social media. ðŸ˜¢ I cancelled my subscription and will go back to listing my supplies in case anyone is curious about what I used.

Supplies:
Card base and envelope - Texture Chic, Memories & More, Stampin' Up
Stitched Scallop rectangle die - Honey Bee
Sentiment - Simple Strips Sympathy (and the die), Taylored Expressions
Stickers - Dazzles
Ephemera -  K & Company (old, from my stash)
Flat gem stickers - Dazzles
Gold Gel Pen
Sympathy stamps inside -  Hero Arts
Mini MISTI
Various cardstocks
Catherine Pooler Inks

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!