Tuesday 25 July 2023

Nine Balloon Birthday Cards

We were away on a 5 week cross Canada camping trip and in the weeks leading up to it we were trying to fit in visits with family and friends, appointments as well as outfitting our new trailer. We haven't been camping in 20 years! I ended up getting behind in my nursing home donation cards, so I wanted to make several batches so I could catch up. Here is one of those batches...

I had one sheet of this balloon patterned paper (12 x 12") so cut it up and ended up with these nine birthday cards. I'll likely donate 5 in August and the remaining 4 will go into the September bin as I don't like to have too many similar cards in a single month. 



For the A2 sized cards, I did two of each design. I haven't used that cute balloon from Your Next Stamp in a long time and had forgotten what a perfect size it is. The bow and string were penned with a black marker. Before I die cut the balloons, I sprinkled white card stock with some water colour pigments and spritzed them with water. When the sheet was dry I cut the balloons.


I used up the whole sheet of patterned paper, getting eight A2 sized cards and one Slimline.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July so far - 45 cards

You may have noticed the affiliate thumbnails are no longer showing on my blog posts. That is because it costs money every month to share those links, and the past few months I havent made nearly enough sales to cover the cost. I would rather spend that money on craft supplies, than continue to pay out of pocket for a feature that viewers arent using. It saddens me that so many people dont bother going to blogs anymore, choosing instead to quickly view a card on social media. ðŸ˜¢ I cancelled my subscription and will go back to listing my supplies in case anyone is curious about what I used.


Supplies Used:
Patterned paper - the Color of Memories, American Crafts
Big Balloons - Your Next Stamp 
Black marker
Lindy's Magical Shakers - there are lots of these water colour powder pigments available from your local stamping/scrapbook store or online. I've had these for years, since a little goes a LONG way.
Happy Birthday (& die) - Waffle Flower
Little Something Sentiments - Catherine Pooler
Large Birthday - Technique Tuesday
Crosshatch Circles - Karen Burniston
Pops of Color, Copper Glitter - Scrapbook.com
Catherine Pooler inks
Various cardstocks
Mini Misti

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!