Monday 30 April 2018

Floral Background Thank You Card

Good morning friends

I love it when a card just comes together. I finally had a chance to play with this wonderful Concord & 9th floral stamp & die set and stamped the large background image in a couple of different colours on some different card stocks to get a feel for how it worked. This soft washed one was my favourite of the bunch! I chose to use it as a background pattern instead of adding the layering stamps for the flowers on the panel.


I created the floral bouquet using the different dies and stamps in the set, and added it to the included label. Such a trendy shape, this label! I added some glitter glue for a little sparkle and shine, and blended the stamped floral layers with a water brush.


Inside I added a second floral bunch, which was another 'trial'. I had to wrap my head around the 'loosey goosey' look of these flowers, thinking I may have done them wrong. Once I looked at samples online though, I realized that there is no wrong way to use these stamps. You can use as many of the layering stamps as you wish, in any combination! That was a relief and now I'm much more comfortable with the stamps.


All in all, I'm really happy with how this card turned out!

Supplies:
Blooms Fill-In stamp & die set - Concord & 9th
Black, pale green and white card stocks
Stickles
Wonky stitched rectangle die - MFT Stamps
Dashing rectangle die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Sequins
Seam binding

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. You know I love this stamp and I love your soft washed version

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!