Monday 9 April 2018

Shark Shaker Card

Good morning friends

This card started with me heading to the garage to put an empty tissue box in the recycling bin. I looked at it and thought "that looks like ocean waves" ... and I had to take a detour into the craft room. I made the pieces into a card - specifically a shaker card and used the Shark from Karen Burniston's Sea Animals. This shark just cracks me up.


The shark has been adhered inside the shaker so he doesn't move around, and the resin hearts are added on top of the transparency. The sequins shake all around the shark for a fun effect.


Another piece of the tissue box is one of the matted layers inside the card.


I'm having a lot of fun making shaker cards these days!

Supplies:
Grey, black and white card stocks
Patterned paper - Kleenex Box
Blue and Teal Soft Finish Card Stock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Acetate
Resin heart stickers - Doodlebug
Sequins
Stitched Circle dies - MFT Stamps
Stamps - Stampendous

Thanks for stopping by

7 comments:

  1. gorgeous card!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shark with those glasses... make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the shark, but it looks like a die template thing, which I don't have the equipment for. Is there anywhere I can buy the shark from ?? Thanks. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca - the shark is a die by Karen Burniston, her Sea Animals. If you don't have a machine to run the dies through, maybe you could find a sticker that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your reply. I have a Sizzix Big Shot thing actually. I'll have to find out if that would work. Been too busy to use it :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - the Big Shot is exactly what you would need. The shark die is linked in my blog post to make it easy for you to find. But here it is again, when you are ready: Karen Burniston also has an assembly video that is right on that product page if you are curious how it all goes together. https://karenburniston.com/sea-animals/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!