Saturday 7 April 2018

C4C429 Funny Minion Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and since it's a new month we also have a new Hostess!  Maryann Einam will be our hostess for April and our Guest Designer is Kelly Santi, Sandcastle Stamper

Maryann's challenge is:   Stencil and Dies - Using a die create a stencil to use for your card. 

I have several background dies (or cover plates) that would work perfectly for this technique and that is what I was planning on using. However, this paper stack has been hanging around far too long and I have been working at trying to use it up. I also had these FUN Minion stamps from the Rubber Stamp Show in Mesa last month so I decided to use some of Karen Burniston's edges to create stencils and use them to create the backgrounds for my Minions.




The humorous word stamp inside was also from the convention - it just cracks me up. I used the other Minion that HAD to come home with me and the Spinner Square Pop-Up to create the inside of my card.



The squirrels from the Woodland Animals are all decked out with accessories from Tiny Accessories 1, and I cut a bunch of flags from the Castle Pop-Up to adhere over the printed banner on the left and give the squirrels something to hold in their arms. 



The jumping Minion spins up and down as the card is opened and closed. So fun!



I didn't add any sequins or other catch points inside to catch on the Minion as he spins up and down.

Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C429.

Supplies:
Yellow soft finish card stock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - DCWV
Minion stamps - Crackerbox Palace
Marvy LePlume II Markers
Sakura White gel pen
Ducks in a row word stamp - Carmens Veranda
White, teal and black card stocks
Silver glitter card stock - Stampin' Up

Card size - 5 x 5-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Karen - this card just has me in stitches!! I am smiling ear to ear at the sentiment! And of course your darling minion and squirrels at the rave are just fabulous - brilliant use of the die as a stencil! New follower - so glad to be joining this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- cute card! My grandson love the minions so much
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!