Tuesday 1 May 2018

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge May 2018

Good morning friends

It's time again for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge, and this month the theme is "Paradise".  I thought about where I would go if someone told me I'd won a trip to my paradise, and came up with outdoors, with trees and blue sky and warmth. It doesn't have to be hot, but I HATE to be cold. I don't need a beach, but I do need nature. So this is the card I came up with for the challenge, and the only thing missing for me is mountains.


I cut the word King three times and adhered them together for a nice sturdy 'chipboard' type embellishment. I used a fair bit of green card stock on my card and spattered all the die cut pieces with Distress Oxide inks after dragging the pieces through the inky puddles. Since this card will be hand delivered, I also used a lot of foam tape for added dimension.


Haha - I don't know how I managed to edit this photo upside down. But it shows the card opening...


Inside I used the Christmas Tree Pop-Up to show that it doesn't have to be a holiday card. The Yeti and fire pit are just fun additions, from stamps I've had for years and are discontinued.




A little hand lettering on the right side and the banner is where we can sign our name. I wish the 'N' in the word enjoy was more even, but lettering is such a big learning process!


Finally, the focal point - this amazing Pop-Up tree. Look at all the dimension - and it still folds up completely flat for mailing.


I hope you will check out the rest of the Design Team posts  - their blogs are linked on the right. I wonder if there will be a lot of palm trees for this theme? Karen Burniston will have her project on HER BLOG tomorrow (Wednesday May 2) and she will also share the teams posts. It's always fun to see them grouped together in one post.

Supplies:
Blue, green, kraft and black card stocks
1020 Christmas Tree Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
1045 Outdoor Scene - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - ModaScrap, Elizabeth Craft Designs
Distress Oxide Inks
1034 Word Set 5 Royalty - Karen Burniston
Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen
Various markers
Stamps - TAWS
Water Brush
Sakura white gel pen
Bristol Smooth Cardstock for lettering piece
Black fine point marker

Card size - 5-1/2" square

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. I agree Karen it is so nice to have all the DT's projects in one spot, it showcases the potential of possibilities with these dies! I love how you splattered the cardstock and your color choices, so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the tree for something other than Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used patterned paper for grass. What a great look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!