Wednesday 11 September 2024

Pair of Birthday Mini Slimline Cards


I love it when patterned paper takes second stage. This 12x12" sheet was in a package I was flipping through and I pulled it out for a better look. It was a sheet of border prints, the idea being that you would trim them apart for horizontal borders on scrapbook pages etc. I liked the way the plaid and the balloons went together (they were next to each other on the sheet) so I trimmed them away from the rest of the patterned paper cutting them in half so I had two 6" pieces. I trimmed each one to a 3/25" height and wrapped narrow gold tape over where the two patterns joined.


It was a happy accident that the Happy Birthday was printed to perfectly fit on the one 6" piece! I die cut both the words Happy Birthday and Celebrate using dies by Karen Burniston.


Here is a peek at the inside ... I wrapped the inside panels with washi tape and stamped the sentiment before adding them inside the cards. The remainder of the paper was put back into the package to use on cards another day.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Party Time, Echo Park
Narrow gold foil tape - Amazon .ca
Word Set 2 Birthday dies - Karen Burniston
Stamp inside - Lots of Birthday2Stamp - the Stamps of Life
Washi Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!