Wednesday 4 September 2024

First Set of Birthday Cards

I pulled out a 6x6" paper pad from my stash that had a coordinating ephemera pack. A couple of years ago I took advantage of an Echo Park sale when we were visiting Arizona and I'm realizing that I haven't used much of what I purchased (papers/stickers/ephemera).

Once I got flipping through the pad, I figured I could just work cutting down the paper pad until it was gone, so I chose a Sheetload that worked with 6x6" papers (the June 2021 is a favourite) and then started to choose paper combinations.

It took two evenings, but I got all the papers selected and cut down as well as the elements chosen and stored everything together in a clear bag. Now all I have to do is to pull out the pieces I want to work on to finish off the cards! These are my first ones, and they will be donated to my Mom's old nursing home.

For the horizontal border strip, the sketch shows the patterned paper going right to the outer edge, I did that on some and on others I left a border.  


There are two 6x6" sheets leftover which have a music print on them. I put them aside to work with one of Karen Burniston's new release dies - the Piano Key's Pop Up die set. 🥰


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Let's Celebrate, Carta Bella (6x6")
Let's Celebrate Ephemera - Carta Bella
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Sentiment inside - Birthday, Darkroom Door

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!