Friday 13 September 2024

'Boat Pop-Up' Birthday Card


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!  Today I'm sharing the pop-up birthday card I made for our son (who likes to fish). 


This was my first play with the Boat Pop-Up, a die set by Karen Burniston. There are Add-On's that can turn it into a Sailboat or even a Pirate Ship, so that will be fun. When using a die like this for the first time, I tend to keep my cards fairly simple but I know my son will love it. He inspects his cards very closely and notices all the details. 😊


Either Karen B herself, or someone(s) on her Design Team used the Camping Charms with their Boat Pop-Up card and I thought it was a great match. I added the fishing hat inside the boat and used rainbow holographic cardstock for the fish. This die set is going to be fun to play with some more.

The card is 5" square, and I put it in a square envelope that was decorated with stamps from a retired Stampin' Up set. Since the card will be hand delivered, I don't have to worry about bulk or extra cost for mailing with a square envelope.


... one more look ...


Supplies used:
Tree patterned paper - North Country, Prima (6x6")
Water patterned paper - Mermaid Party, Reminisce
Woodgrain patterned paper - Stampin' Up (old)
Boat Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Camping Charms - Karen Burniston
Banners Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Sail Away Sentiments - Karen Burniston
Happy Birthday die - Karen Burniston
Black Pen
Alcohol markers
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Sakura Stardust Pen
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Recollections
Envelope stamps - Best Catch, Stampin' Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!