Tuesday 31 October 2023

Tree Sympathy Card


Isn't this tree background stamp pretty? It was in the Stampin' Up holiday catalogue and if you follow me you know I love trees & mountains etc. There were actually a few items in the catalogue that ended up jumping into my online shopping cart - a set of owls, and a gondola set that I bought because it was so different! There were also two holiday sentiment sets that I know I will get a lot of use out of. Of course I loved the patterned papers but managed restraint and didn't purchase any. I know - shocking, ha ha.

Right away I pulled out my MISTI and stamped the background a couple of times to see if it was as nice in real life and ... yep ❤️   I cut this one down with a stitched rectangle die and wrapped it with a strip of torn vellum. I stamped on the vellum and set it aside to dry while I die cut a tree and inked it. The stamps and inks are all from Catherine Pooler. The decorated panel was mounted to a slightly larger white card stock panel then to my card base.


Here is a peek at the inside. I used the negative image (from the cardstock that the tree was cut from) as a stencil and a bit of torn cardstock for the ground.


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October - 51 cards & 5 Tags

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Fragrant Forest background stamp, Stampin' Up
Catherine Pooler Inks
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
MISTI stamping platform
Double Stitched Rectangle dies - Divinity Designs
Vellum - stash 
Encouraging Word Sentiments - Catherine Pooler
Forest Trees (dies) - Echo Park
Circle Stickers - Dazzles

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!